Carbon Dioxide Therapy or Carboxytherapy is used to treat a number of conditions that are derived from poor blood circulation such as cellulite, dark under eye circles, and stretch marks. Carboxy therapy is a simple procedure that injects carbon dioxide gas to the treatment area to stimulate blood flow to improve the skin’s appearance and elasticity.
The areas of the body that can be treated using the carboxy method include:
Benefits of Carboxytherapy
1. Stretch mark
- Stretch marks are formed by a rupture of dermal collagen. With the help of Carboxytherapy, it creates new collagen, which thickens the skin and improves its appearance.
- Fatty cells are injected with CO2 gas, which causes the cells to burst and be eliminated in the body
3. Under-eye circles
- Poor circulation may give you dark circles under the eyes and may be improved in appearance by injecting the gas under the eyelid.
4. Hair Loss
- Alopecia or hair loss caused by poor circulation can be treated with carboxytherapy as well.
5. Facial Fat
- Carboxy therapy is used to reduce facial fat. The carbon dioxide injected under the skin targets fatty deposits and breaks them up, giving you an appearance of a naturally slimmer face.
CO2 therapy has benefits but to keep its benefits long term you must also live a healthy lifestyle, which includes a healthy diet, regular exercise and drinking plenty of water. .