Steam saunas can also be called steam rooms and are created when a water-filled generator pumps steam into an enclosed space so there is moisture in the air when people are sitting in it. It is hot, steamy air around 110 F and has many health benefits.
Benefits of Steam Sauna
- Reduces Stress
- Being in the heat can make the body release endorphins, which are known as ‘feel good’ hormones because they help to reduce the feeling of stress in the body.
- Improves circulation
- Sitting in a steam sauna will improve your cardiovascular health. The moist heat provided can improve circulation by dilating the small blood vessels or capillaries. Blood can then flow more easily and transport oxygen around the body.
- Skin Health
- Toxins can become trapped underneath your skin when exposed to the environment. The Steam helps to clear skin impurities and can treat acne. It also helps to improve circulation throughout the body which can give the skin a healthy glow making your skin look and feel great.
- Relieves Tension
- The heat from the sauna soothes your nerve endings and also relaxes your muscles. It can minimize joint pain, as well as minimizing the pain of headaches due to the high heat environment.
- Lowers blood pressure
- Bodies release hormones that change heart rate. This hormone is called aldosterone, regulating your blood pressure. When aldosterone is released from sitting, it can help lower high blood pressure. This is part of the reason that the steam room makes you feel relaxed.
- Can Aid Weight Loss
- It can aid in weight loss, as you increase your heart rate and in turn burn more calories. However it should not be a replacement of a balanced diet and exercise, it can be used just as an extra kick.
- Loosens stiff joints
- The steam sauna can also be used before a workout, as it helps to loosen up the joints and increase flexibility. Using a steam sauna the heat can penetrate into your tired and stiff muscles making them more fluid and loose. It can also be used after a workout to keep your heart rate elevated and burn extra calories and relieve tired muscles
- Clears congestion
- Steam saunas create an environment that warms the mucous membrane and encourages deep breathing. As a result, using one can help break up congestion inside your sinuses and lungs.
- Removes Toxins
- The heat from steam saunas makes your body sweat. Sweating relieves the body of waste products, and it is known that sitting in a sauna or steam room for around twenty minutes can rid your body of toxins.