Banana is one fruit that is commonly available across the globe. It is a nutritional powerhouse, packed with energy-giving carbohydrate and heart-healthy potassium and they are an Instant Energy Booster.
If you are not aware why eating bananas are important, then below are some of the benefits.
1. Moderate Blood Sugar Levels
- It can help moderate blood sugar levels after meals and may reduce appetite by slowing stomach emptying.
2. Ease Ulcers
- Bananas help to increase mucus in the digestive tract, which can help heal or even prevent stomach ulcers.
3. Improve Digestive Health
- It is rich in fiber and resistant starch, which may feed your friendly bacteria and guard against colon cancer.
4. Hangover Remedy
- The natural ingredients in bananas and their ability to freshen the body’s vitamins make an ideal way to reduce the effects of a hangover.
5. Better Heart Health
- Because they are rich in potassium, it can help the body’s circulatory system deliver oxygen to the brain. This also helps the body maintain a regular heartbeat, lower blood pressure and a proper balance of water in the body
6. Weight Loss
- Eating bananas may aid weight loss because they’re low in calories and high in nutrients and fiber.
7. Kidney Health
- Eating a banana several times a week may reduce your risk of kidney disease by up to 50%.
- It may help relieve muscle cramps caused by exercise. They also provide a large amount of fuel for exercise.
9. Boost Mood
- Bananas have a small amount of tryptophan, an amino acid that when combined with bananas’ natural vitamin B6, helps boost the production of serotonin, a “feel-good hormone.” This mood-regulating substance may help your mind and body relax so you feel happier.
So go and eat a banana today.